Senior marketing, design and technology professional with over twenty years of experience in all segments of media relations. Emphasis has been placed, but is not limited to, brand identity, target marketing, customer relations management and customer self-service. Proven ability to manage and facilitate multi-faceted projects leveraging channel-specific technologies while maintaining continuity across multiple delivery methods. Ability to evaluate technology strategies and application architecture constructs as they apply to any industry. Projects are delivered on time and within scope and budget.
Leadership: Managed, orchestrated and executed the delivery of high profile, enterprise-wide projects using individual contributors working in a cross-functional environment while ensuring objectives were reached.
Strategic Planning: Planned and executed the design, facilitation and implementation for the integration of 42 stand-alone internet sites into a single-sourced solution while enabling each site to retain their unique presence.
Contract Negotiations: Served as a key contributor in establishing a National Direct Online Banking presence for a Savings-Only product offering. Worked directly with third-party vendors, legal and business units to build the SOW and contract language to support the funding and resources required for the project.
Problem Solving: Possess the innate ability to identify issues and communicate bi-laterally to resolve problems in an effective and efficient manner.
Organizational/Staff Development: Proven ability to manage projects and cross-functional teams to insure that customer needs and deadlines are met while fostering a team environment and providing guidance as needed. Insured that cross-training was provided within technical and business groups to create synergy among multiple departmental groups.
Process Improvement: Addressed a fundamental problem of controlling content initiation and dissemination by developing a process-oriented, rule-driven solution that leveraged Interwoven and its Team Site tools to govern the content contribution of 40+ websites utilizing a WebSphere infrastructure.
Member-at-Large, Executive Board, Mentair Group. Provide consulting, marketing, advising and vendor-relations management to the organization on an ongoing basis.
Member-at-Large, Executive Board, CrowdPicks.com. Provide consulting, marketing, advising and vendor-relations management to the organization on an ongoing basis.
Member of the Ocean Artists Society
Barton Visions, LLC, President
1993 – Present
Summary: Barton Visions integrates its President's varied areas of interest including marketing, photography and SCUBA into a single entity that combines his artistic proficiency and technical expertise to provide clients with a whole-scale marketing solution.
- Expertise in product development, brand identity, marketing, user experience as well as offering consulting services negotiating and managing third-party service providers.
- Provides full analysis to clients for existing marketing collateral including all methods of print, media, photography and current web technologies.
- Provides expertise in Content Management System (CMS) design that is tailored to fit a broad range of needs and company sizes. Solutions range from Open-Source CMS to Enterprise-Level technologies and include identifying scope, developing RFP, vendor review, contract negotiations, strategy/architecture, final implementation, QA testing and training users.
- Design and develop internal and external websites including graphic design, development and integration.
- Develop materials and conduct training for various products and applications, including. but not limited to, video and web-enabled materials.
- 2008 – Senior contributor to FNBO Direct's website recognized by Kiplingers [Financial Magazine] as the 2008 banking site of the year.
- Active and insured independent diving instructor with nearly 20 years international diving experience and more than 500 open water dives
- Work with local dive professionals offering fun and safe diving experiences and supporting retail store operations.
- Volunteer diver with Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo since 1998 with over 700 logged dives.
- Internationally recognized Artist and Photographer.
- Member of the Ocean Artists Society
11/1999 – 5/2009
- Subject matter expert and key contributor for an online-only savings bank.
- Contributor for product development, brand identity, marketing and end-user experience.
- Project lead and primary liaison with third-party service providers.
- Responsible for the facilitation and implementation of a content management solution which is integrated throughout the bank's 40+ internet sites.
- Designed and developed internal and external websites including graphic design, development and integration.
- Developed materials and conducted training for various projects and applications, including but limited to video and web-enabled materials.
- Facilitated a Marketing and Design course offered through the University of Nebraska's Peter Kiewit Institute, contributing to the development of a course syllabus and training materials.
Acceptance Insurance Companies Inc., Senior Designer Print/Web, Omaha, NE
9/1991 – 11/1999
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development and implementation of AIC's corporate web sites including initiatives for corporate theme and site design for AID and its subsidiaries.
- Key contributor to the web project team provided exposure to web-based application development. Provided development and support to the agent force with secure systems that tracked and managed agent licensing, performance and analytical reporting as well as provided access to online business forms for on-demand issuance and printing.
- Provided experience in all phases of marketing, graphic design and print functions. Related projects included directed marketing themes, designing advertising materials for direct marketing, trade shows and trade publications. Extensive experience with scanning and photo manipulation as it relates to output printing and the internet.
- Managed client-vendor relations, working with print vendors and third-party service bureaus.
- Mail Services Supervisor. Managed all aspects of the company's mail facilities including human resource administration, budgeting, resource management and distribution. Required extensive knowledge of postal regulations and distribution procedures.
- Design software experience including, but not limited to, Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Acrobat 10 Professional, Adobe Flash CC Professional, Adobe Dreamweaver CC, Adobe Fireworks CC, Adobe Contribute CC, Adobe After Effects CC Professional, Adobe Premier Pro CC, Adobe Encore CC, Avid Liquid 7 and Quark Xpress.
- Office Software experience including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visio, JIRA, Confluence, Business Objects and Snag It.
- Interwoven Content Management Suite, Joomla, WordPress and many other Open Source platforms.
- Photography experience includes Travel, Underwater, Event and Product.
- Proficient in CMYK and RGB Color Models as it relates to all media including web, print, photography and video.
- 2010 SCUBA School International SCUBA Instructor (#55467)
- 2009 PADI SCUBA Instructor (#253893)
- 2007 October Nikon School of Photography, Bonaire, NA
- 1998-1999 Nebraska Business Development Center, Omaha, NE
- Web Development Business Course
- 1996-1998 Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, NE
- Electronic Imaging Design Program
- 1986-1987 Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO. Major: Graphic Design and Fine Arts
- Available upon request.
- PADI: MSDT Instructor, 8/29/09 (#253893)
- SSI: Instructor, 11/1/10 (#55467)
- PADI: Underwater Photography Specialty Instructor (#253893)
- PADI: Enriched Air Instructor (#253893)
- SSI: Digital Underwater Photography Instructor (#55467)
- EFT: Primary Care (CPR) & Sec Care (1st) w/ AED, 6/30/09 (#09070G9928)
- Underwater Photographer, 6/3/09 (#09060Y2545)
- KOS Volunteer Diver, 11/1/08 (#0811073448)
- Dry Suit, 5/4/08 (#0805017247)
- Medic First Aid, 3/23/02 (#0204523227)
- Open Water, 6/22/97 (#9707169297)
- DAN: Diving First Aid for Professional Divers Program, 6/9/09
- PADI: Surface Support Specialty, 9/17/05 (#0511020269)
- DAN: Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries, 3/4/04
- SDI: Advanced Open Water Diver, 12/2/03 (#116869)
- SDI: Enriched Air/Nitrox, 11/3/03 (#110571)
- SDI: Underwater Navigation Diver, 8/17/03 (#106374)
- PADI: First Aid Provider, 3/23/02 (#0204523227).
- Tish's, Council Bluffs, IA
- Fetas, Omaha, NE
- Collector's Gallery and Framery Venice, FL
- Cape Coral Art n Frame Cape Coral FL
- Featured Artist, Mirabila Luma Subacvatica, Galeria "Labirint", Iasi, Romania
- Featured Artist, Ritmuri Si Culori Aleatorii, Casa Cartii, Iasi, Romania
- Pot Lock Exhibit – Hot Shops Art Center, Omaha, NE
- Featured Artist, Second Fridays, Downtown Art Show, Council Bluffs, IA
- Featured Artist, Mercy Hospital, Council Bluffs, IA
- September Mercy Hospital Guest Artist Exhibit, Council Bluffs, IA
- Second Fridays, Downtown Art Show, Council Bluffs, IA
- Various Venues, Council Bluffs, IA and Omaha, NE.